Friday 15 February 2013

My train ride - Part 10

Salam…hi all…

Tok Selampit is back! Yesterday’s posting has given me more courage to continue writing on what I see and what I feel or to sum it up; writing about life….

I took the 0930hrs train from Damai to Sentral and it was empty again today. The only logical explanation to this situation is; most people are taking advantage on the long break due to CNY. Saturday to ne
xt week Tuesday is a four days paid holiday! Yippee! Unfortunately those who work with the service and manufacturing industry or to be exact on shift duty; won’t be able to enjoy this break. Service/operation must go on and machine must continue producing to meet output targets…oh well…it’s definitely not easy to earn an honest living. I salute you guys!

This reminds me of my days in the airline industry...eeerr..no need to mention which airline that I used to work for... :-)

Every holiday season be it CNY, Deepavali, X’Mas, Hari Raya Aidil Fitri/Adha we’ll faced the same problem all over again. Leave application!

Aaarrrggh…Should I approve their leave application or not?

Usually, a month before the holiday season; the administrators will be very busy. The 2 administrators or the busy bee; better known as Kak Zai and Kak Mas to most staffs are the pillars of the department. They were the ones that will assist me to get the backhouse in order and if it’s in the army these 2 administrators will be rank Sargent Major! They get things organize. Without them I will never understand the filing system…LOL! These 2 will sit in-front of me with a pile of leave form applications from all stations and start pestering me: “Boss…bila nak approve ni?” “Staff dah bising”..Zai and Mas favourite questions! Want to know why? Because their application is in the pile too! Smart!

KLIA staffs will always be the ‘champion’ on leave application…the majority! And guess what? The Station Managers are the biggest culprit coz they know the trick and trade of the business too well…

And here I am with the usual predicament…if I approve it than we’ll have short of manpower. You think the top brass care? They don’t! Operation must continue. You don’t have enough manpower? You sort it out! LOL!

So, if I don’t approve it than these people will make a lot of noise of which they are entitle for their leave…hmmm…headache! Stress!

What do I do then? This is the time that I normally seek help from my 3 best Lieutenants (Ahmad Ismail or better known as Ahmad I, Shamsul Idrus or better known as Rabbit or Bit and Azman Hanafiah or better known as Man Tegak) to sit with me to look at the roster. Let’s play around with the manpower we have so that everyone will be happy…and we normally sort out the problems…pheeew..Thanks to the 3 Lieutenants…

But during this process; it’s really funny to read what the staff had written on the leave form. Weird but true; there is one question on the leave form that the staff must respond of which I honestly think it’s unnecessary to ask in the first place. But its HR policy and I’m not at liberty to question the HR guys. Can i?

The question is: Reason for leave application? Hello…like the staff going to tell me the truth? I don’t think so…

The respond can be very funny thou…here’s an example:-

1.My parents moving house. (Really? During Raya your parents moving house?)

2.Rumah parents masuk air banjir (The leave application is for next month! How in the world you can predict this a month ahead?)

3.My youngest sister is getting married (But in your personal file, you are the youngest in the family? So, this sister of yours is from which planet?)

And also during this process; all of a sudden my health, well-being, my livelihood becomes the staffs greatest concerned. They will go to great length trying to ‘kowtow’/ be nice to me to ensure that their application goes thru. Here’s an example:-

1.Dah makan boss?
2.Boss sihat?
3.Have a good weekend ya boss….
4.Boss nak makan? Saya beli kan…nak tak?

So so fake but yet so so funny…LOL! As if i was born yesterday..

You see what I mean? You ask ridiculous question, you’ll get ridiculous answer.

Desperate people will manoeuvre their way to get things done. Be it the smartest way or the most illogical reasoning/method ever!

But one thing for sure; it was a pleasant memories with the staffs…we went thru ups and downs together as one force. And for that; thank you all for the lovely memories. I’m honoured to had the chance working alongside with you fine people. How I wish I can turn back time and do it all over again with you guys.

Moral of the story: Good memories never die…

This posting is in memory of Ahmad Zunaini or better known as Ahmad Z. He died of cancer. He was one of best my staff I have ever work with. But above all; he was a good friend…

Ahmad Z; you’ll always be remembered….al-fatihah…

Posted on FB Feb 7th, 2013

Like: 21

Comments: 57

FB inbox: 13

Phone calls received: 3 (one cried over phone...)

No comments: