Friday 15 February 2013

My train ride- Part 5

Salam...hi all...

This is my son with a girl he 'pick-up' at Starbucks. A player he is...
0925hrs train was very much crowded. The minute I steps in, I see very sombre mood faces; some sitting and most of us standing. Nothing interesting to talk about today…I look on my left, my right and front; what I can see from their faces is “do I have to go to work today? Can I just stay in bed and still get paid by the end of the month?” *beep…wrong! Hell no you can’t! Someone got to make a living…

Earlier today I read a posting by a dear friend on FB. He repeatedly keyed in “I love my job...I love my job…I love my job”. Apparently this is needed to motivate himself to earn an honest living. It’s funny in some ways…but that’s how different we are on trying to motivate ourselves.

Anyway…today I feel like telling you a story of my conversation with my 11 years old son. Kids can be very funny sometimes. They speak their mind and they are not very good at lying. So, I can say 9 out 10 whatever they tell you are the truth.

This happened few weeks ago while I was sitting with him at a mamak shop while waiting for my eldest daughter finishing her tuition class. The conversation goes like this:-

Me: So, how’s school?
Son: its ok..as usual..its fun
Me: oo..good for you…you have many friends at school?
Son: oh yes…especially girls
Me: huh?! Girls? How many girlfriends you have?
Son: hmmmm…two..no no…three actually…(and he smiled)
Me: Three?! Wow…you are that hot huh…that’s a handful to handle
Son: oh yes...sometimes during recess I have to jump from one table to another...or else I’ll be in trouble

At this point…I was laughing my head off! But still trying to control my tone so I can get him going..

Me: I’m sure its not easy…1 is already a headache what more having 3?!
Son: yes but there’s another beautiful girl in another class that I’m going for
Me: another one? So, that will add up and it’ll be 4 altogether. Can you handle them?
Son: I just get rid of the old ones and get a new one

I was laughing again…almost fell off my chair…

Son: is it wrong to have many girlfriends?
Me: well…right or wrong is very subjective. So long as you don’t hurt their feelings. Nothing wrong being friends. What do you think?
Son: I don’t think its wrong
Me: Why?
Son: Because, if a married man can have girlfriends…why can’t I have girlfriends? I’m not married. So I can have as many as I want. Right?

Smart mouth! Dammit! Checkmate me! Now, what am I supposed to respond…? LOL!!!!!!

Me: ok…it’s time to go

I immediately change topic coz I have no freaking clue on how to respond to his last statement.

Moral of the story: Talk to your kids sometimes. You’ll learn something new about them. Give them the opportunity to speak. You’ll be surprise…I was…


Have a good day peeps!

Posted on FB Jan 31st, 2013

Like: 20

Comments: 23

FB inbox: 9

No comments: